let us return to the Lord

I find I am often more open with God when I am busy, such as mowing the yard or even walking. Such it was this evening as I was walking the dogs. I asked him that he would show himself to me, in whatever manner he would chose, and not necessarily in the ways I expect him.

Later this same evening I heard him clearly speak a word to me. He said, “It is in the failures, not the successes that you are measured.” When I sat thinking on what I had heard, this verse came to mind.

Come, let us return to the Lord. For He has torn [us], and He will heal us; He has wounded [us], and He will bind up our wounds. Hosea 6:1 (HCSB)

What an attitude to have, knowing that while we may receive punishment, we expect healing too. Our father cares for us as individuals. We see that the writer of Hebrews was aware of the concept in quoting from Proverbs 3:11-12 he writes,
And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: My son, do not take the Lord’s discipline lightly, or faint when you are reproved by Him; for the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and punishes every son whom He receives. Hebrews 12:5-6 (HCSB)
We are to take responsibility for our actions. If I am walking in the ways of the Spirit of God, and not of the world I will be ever-becoming Christ-like. I will exhibit self-control and I will have peace and joy even in the times of testing. In these things I have the liberty to allow God to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water