slaying the giants

Then the Philistine said, “I defy Israel’s troops this day! Give me a man so we can fight each other!”  When Saul and all the Israelites heard these words of the Philistine, they were upset and very afraid. 1 Samuel 17:10-11 (NET)


Attune your ears to my words. Now is not the time to listen to the taunt of the enemy.  His boasting will certainly come to a sure end. Look beyond what seem to be giants on the horizon and see with new eyes.

Look to him who died for you. His stripes continue to bring healing. His eyes continue to give guidance to those who look to him. Learn his ways. Do not draw attention to yourself, forsake idol words, but be found moving in what I show you, else you will fall.

I will open your eyes and show you what you need to see. As you face the giants I will guide you, if you learn to listen in confidence. I will provide opportunities for you to grow in my ways.

Be not afraid, but walk with me. I will direct you in slaying the giants.


David went on to say, “The LORD who delivered me from the lion and the bear will also deliver me from the hand of this Philistine!” Then Saul said to David, “Go! The LORD will be with you.”  1 Samuel 17:37 (NET)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water