Concealed for my purposes

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
in the shadow of his hand hid me;
He made me into a polished arrow
    and concealed me in his quiver.
He said to me, “You are my servant,
    Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.
But I said, “I have labored in vain;
    I have spent my strength for nothing at all.
Yet what is due me is in the Lord’s hand,
    and my reward is with my God.  Isaiah 49:2 (NIV)


You are an arrow in my quiver, hidden away.  Kept safe with the others,
each created for a special purpose.  Each unique in the way you look,
for the specific job I have for you.

Speak peace and wholeness. Be my example to those who do not know me.
Saturate them with what I have given you; acceptance. Encourage them
be become what they were created to be.

Do not fall prey to fear. But stand steadfast in my presence. My strength
will sustain and protect you.  My reward will flow from you to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water