cross the bridge

As I had today, (Friday after Thanksgiving) off work, I was walking my dog at a place we sometimes go.  It was lightly raining as we began our trek. We’d not been gone long and the rain became steadier. I was trying to decide to where I should turnaround before we get caught in a down-pour. As I was thinking about this I heard father’s voice say, “Cross the bridge”.

Sure enough the bridge was coming up in front of us as the rain seemed to increase.  As we walking over the bridge I found myself looking at the flowing water below, I could hear the rain as it fell upon the stream.  As soon as we had crossed the bridge their was an abrupt change, in that the rain abated.

It was them I heard him speak:  There are several of you who are again on the familiar pathway.  We need to continue and cross the bridge. You need to learn the value of having water flowing beneath the bridge, as it were passed by.  Stop dwelling on the things and situations of your past and dwell upon me and my ways.

I will direct you into my ways if you follow my directions. I will guide you in the way you should go, but:  you must listen for my voice.  You need to learn to hear me speak through the ways I have been sending to you and not just to what you are accustomed.

It is my desire to grow you and fill you. I desire to spend time with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water