morning training

I took the dog on an early morning walk today. As we began the walk we heard
the sound of a train on the near-by tracks. Over our frequent visits I’d
come to realize there are two parallel tracks.

We both find it special for our own reasons. It was not much later and we
heard a southbound train too. Not much time later a third train had passed
over those tracks.  It caused me a bit of puzzlement, as there had been a
train sitting on one set of the tracks. It was there when we began our walk.

In my mind I was trying to figure it out. How could so many trains passed by
with one currently sitting still. While I thought I had figured it possible if
one of the trains we heard had stopped there, but we never heard that
slow-down and loud creaking which occurs when the do stop.

But then train number four for the morning came by. It was not until then
that I realized was being taught a lesson. I need to not limit things to
natural conclusions.  With Him all things are possible. We need to allow
him to train us in His ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water