the other side of the river

Moses said: After we went through Ammon, the Lord told us: Israel, pack up your possessions, take down your tents, and cross the Arnon River gorge. The territory of the Amorite King Sihon of Heshbon lies on the other side of the river, but I now give you his land. So attack and take it! Today I will start making all other nations afraid of you. They will tremble with fear when anyone mentions you, and they will be terrified when you show up. Deuteronomy 2:24-25 (CEV)

As I was driving to work one recent morning I heard Father God speak to me. He said clearly the phrase, “the other side of the river”. As I repeated the words, thinking about them, I realized I was literally traveling across a small river beneath the interstate.

The Father says arise, I have prepared you.
It was I who brought you out of the
ways of the world.
Now stand to your feet, rise in my strength.
It is time to cross this river.

I have given you gifts. The blood of my son covers
your sins. Move forth. Follow my leading
And you will overtake all that comes against you.
Rely on me and you will be successful in me.

Release the wealth on the other side of the river.
Release the peoples into purity and wholeness.
There are bonds to be broken; shackles that will be removed.
Cross to the other side of the river and be within my army.

Come ready in battle array. Carry the cross that all
can see the banner of my love.
Unfurl the standard. My thunder will run forth.

Cross,
Cross now to the other side of the river.
Be washed in the flow of my spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water