Opportunities

Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions, envyings, murders, drunkenness, carousings, and similar things. I am warning you, as I had warned you before: Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God! But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:19-23 (NET)

As I was recently driving in my car I came up to an intersection. As I slowed, I was behind a blue Saturn station-wagon. It sat there waiting with the left turn-signal blinking. When it came time for us to go, it turned right, instead of left. It was then I heard God speak. It was a simple, straight forward message.

Watch those who are your leaders, those you are following, especially your spiritual leaders. They are not to be criticized. They know where they are going. Just some of the time they may give the wrong signal. Hold them in prayer. Uplift them in intercession. I have placed them into position.

Do not exhibit a critical spirit, but use these times wisely. They are opportunities for you to measure your spiritual maturity. Judge yourself, so that I do not need hold you in judgment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water