the yellow bag

NOW MOSES kept the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the back or west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb or Sinai, the mountain of God. The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, yet was not consumed. And Moses said, I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush is not burned. And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the midst of the bush and said, Moses, Moses! And he said, Here am I. Exodus 3:1-4 (AMP)

I was driving home from work late one hot and humid summer afternoon. There was a very warm breeze blowing. As I was on this three lane street I saw something on the road in front of me. It was a bright yellow plastic grocery-type bag. It did not move as cars went by on either side of it.

As I was driving closer to the bag it began to move. It lifted straight up into the air as I drove beneath it. I tried to see it in my rear view mirror and turned my head to either side just to see what became of the bag, but it was gone. It was no longer there.

Interesting I thought, wondering what may have been occurring. There had been a bag unmoved by traffic or wind, that lifted straight into the air and then seemingly disappeared. It was then I thought of Moses experience and I heard the Father speaking to me. As I shared this with others it became clear that I was to share this everyday experience with His people. I hear our Father saying,

Look aside. I am trying to get your attention. I am trying to draw you closer to me, that I might show you the supernatural aspects of my personality.

Move nearer to me. Come into the shadow of my protection. Allow me to share my thoughts and secrets with you. Allow me to fill you with my character.

I am here. Seek me out. Don’t dismiss these occurrences as nothing. See if I don’t have something for you. See if there isn’t a message of encouragement for you to carry to the lost and hurting.

The hot winds of summer sap your natural energy, yet I will revive you. I can fill you with the supernatural fuel of my Spirit. I will anoint you with goodness and mercy for those less fortunate. Turn aside and see what I may wish to accomplish.

Pay attention. I am speaking to you. I will speak to you each time to seek to hear me. I will show myself present in the very fabric of your every-day life. Allow me to lift you from the streets of life and into my heavenly kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water