the smoke of his presence

As I was driving home from work ysterday I saw a large amount of smoke ahead of me, to my left. I expected the traffic to begin to slow because of a fire or an accident. I drove on for a few more minutes and there was no slowing traffic. As I approached the area where I had seen the smoke, there was no accident nor was there any evidence of a fire. Though dissipating, the smoke remained. I could sense a wave of peace. It was as if God had been there and the lingering residual of His presence remained.

There was no sense of judgment associated with the smoke as in the book of Revelation 15, but the was most assuredly a peace.

And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed. Revelation 15:8 (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water