pursuing the prize


Not that I already made acquisition or that I have now already been brought to that place of absolute spiritual maturity beyond which there is no progress, but I am pursuing onward if I may lay hold of that for which I have been laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Brethren, as for myself, as I look back upon my life and calmly draw a conclusion, I am not counting myself yet as one who has in an absolute and complete way laid hold [of that for which I have been laid hold of by Christ Jesus]; but one thing: I, in fact, am forgetting completely the things that are behind, and am stretching forward to the things that are in front; bearing down upon the goal,

I am pursuing on for the prize of the call from above of God which is in Christ Jesus.


Phil 3:12-14 (from The New Testament: An Expanded Translation by Kenneth S. Wuest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water