3:11-12


I remember the summer months of 1999. It was those times when I recognized God calling and speaking with me.  I can remember talking with him for at least an hour each evening as I would prayer-walk the perimeter of my then church.

I remember reading specific scriptures he would give me, gleaning from them
for then and for now. One evening I heard myself asking Him, why don't you
speak to me like you were speaking with Moses.  I heard the answer very clearly, "What is it you think we are doing right now?"

In those times I remember reading these verses from Exodus.  Moses was
essentially asking, how do I know it is you directing me?  The answer for Moses, for me then, for me now and for you remains. Look back in retrospect and see the faithfulness and the direction/leading I have given you. "Worship me"

Later that summer he had arranged for me to be moved out of my job, accepted into the MorningStar School of Ministry, a fulltime job for my wife, and for me and a place to live with no moving expenses.


All that the come to this point.  This week we got the early morning phone call of my father's death. I saw 3:11. My wife's clock shows 3:12.

But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?” God answered, “I will be with you.
And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have
brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.”  Exodus 3:11-12 (NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water