The Power of this Season

Jeremiah 31:31-32 (NAS), "Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord.

I wonder how many times I limit the Lord’s power to act by my weak vision. Do I see what He can do or is it in relation to what I think He can do? It seems Moses had a similar situation. Numbers 11:23 (NAS), And the Lord said to Moses, "Is the Lord's power limited? Now you shall see whether My word will come true for you or not." Do I believe? It seemed Moses got the right answer. Because in Numbers 14:17 (NAS) he says, "But now, I pray, let the power of the Lord be great, just as Thou hast declared”. Let the power of God be as great as God declares, not as we declare. His power is to be demonstrated through us, as we become his witnesses to the darkened world.

King David knew power. He learned its source was not earthly, but through divine relationship. The people of David’s kingdom honoured God. They brought Him earthly riches of metals; 300 tons of gold, 640 tons of silver. O that I might offer my riches to Him; that my life might echo the prayer David offered. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. 1 Chronicles 29:11-12 (ESV).

Through Pentecost we have available to us the power of God to dwell within us. We are the habitation of the Holy Spirit. Paul said, “[For He] is not weak and feeble in dealing with you, but is a mighty power within you; For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He goes on living by the power of God,” 2 Corinthians 13:3b-4a (Amplified).

God wishes us to prosper and flourish. He would have us become matured that He works can be made manifest. For true authority to be released, we must learn humility and know the seasons of God’s plans. We can ask in faith for the rain to come when we ask according to His revealed plans.

And in that day I will respond, says the Lord; I will respond to the heavens [which ask for rain to pour on the earth], and they shall respond to the earth [which begs for the rain it needs], Hosea 2:21 (AMP)

Father; Not only in this blessed season, but in every season of our lives, let us praise you. Help us to turn the eyes of our hearts to seek for you. Turn us from looking at self, but to seek. Mature us that we might come into your presence. Help us to live out Moses request, “If your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here.” Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water