and Jesus answered

And Jesus answered, O you unbelieving (warped, wayward, rebellious) and thoroughly perverse generation! How long am I to remain with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to Me. Matthew 17:17 (AMP)

Yes, Jesus answers us. He hears are conversations and requests. He hears our cries and our partitions. He hears the spoken and unspoken words of accusation and rebellion. Most importantly, Jesus answers us. He converses with those who come seeking him.

One thing we need notice in scripture there is one key ingredient for Jesus to answer. We must engage Jesus if we expect an answer. He does not answer unasked requests. We can see that Jesus turns to, stops to hear and pauses to those who come to him and engage Him.

Jesus may even wait before answering our prayers. Perhaps he gives us time to examine our hearts and request. Perhaps he allows us to determine if we are really calling to him or are complaining of our circumstances. He may even be allowing us to see if we believe He will answer? Do we trust Jesus?

I ask myself this morning, how am I engaging Jesus? Do I believe Jesus to answer me? We see that Jesus brought forth words. After-all he is the Word of God.

The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things." Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am he." Just then his disciples came back. They marveled that he was talking with a woman, but no one said, "What do you seek?" or, "Why are you talking with her?" So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people, "Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?" They went out of the town and were coming to him. John 4:25-30 (ESV)

He brought words of edification. He built up the faith of people by teaching them truth. There was no self impurity when Jesus speaks to them, or when He speaks to our hearts. Whole villages were brought back into right relationship through the releasing of the word of knowledge to a single person who took the time to talk with him.

His master said to him, Well done, you upright (honorable, admirable) and faithful servant! You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little; I will put you in charge of much. Enter into and share the joy (the delight, the blessedness) which your master enjoys. Matthew 25:21 (AMP)

Then Jesus answered her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you wish. And her daughter was cured from that moment. Matthew 15:28 (AMP)

Jesus released encouragement to those he was around. He touched the heart of those who desired him. He remains constant. He brings no pointing finger of accusation. In Him there is no condemnation for us.

Jesus said to him, "Get up, take up your bed, and walk." And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked. John 5:3-9 (ESV)
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. John 6:35 (ESV)
Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."]] John 8:10-11 (ESV)
Jesus has a heart of compassion. He knows the pain of loss and rejection. He ministers consolation. He directs us remove the stones which keep us in bondage so He can bring our dead dreams to life.

Jesus, you are my pattern for life. Help me. Help me be conformed to the image of you. Point out the stones in my life blocking release of your miraculous ways. Bend me that I may bring edification, encouragement and consolation into the lives of others. AMEN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Reflect Me