The stopped watch

You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens are above the earth. Deuteronomy 11:20 (ESV)

We serve a mighty God. He is one who remembers us. He knows our frailties and failures and yet loves us. When we forget his ways he will send reminders. We are tested. As long as He knows our hearts are sincerely seeking Him, He pursues us.
As I initially sat down in church Sunday 11/20, I searched my brief case for my pocket watch. I wanted to have it handy to look at, as I knew I must leave the service early. I found the watch. I thought the two year old battery must have died as the hands on the face had stopped at 08:02. I shook the watch and reset it to the proper time, but it made no difference. Several minutes later I re-looked at the watch, but it remained at the time I had previously set. I set it aside as the service began.
As it came to a point in the service when I thought I should be going, I was able to see a wall clock. It was now 11:00, so I decided I should leave. I glanced at the watch before putting it back into my brief case I gathered my stuff off the chair. I re-looked at the face of the watch. Not only were the hands moving, but it now had the correct time.
In our life-journey there are things that suddenly stop and seem dead. Friendships and patterns change are in flow with His seasons; our maturing towards the work of the kingdom. Yet we have a God of redemption, one who has sovereign control.
He can bring things that were dead back to life. For him there is no time, there are no time-related restraints. Just as brought my watch to life, He can move the hands of natural time forward. He can cause that what was lost to be at a place of maturity in an instant. God is in control. He can redeem the time. He cares for us and has the best plans for us to prosper.
And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. Deuteronomy 8:2 (ESV).
There are supernatural plans as we learn more of God’s ways. He set our plans and has placed us where we are at this time. As we spend time with Him He speaks to us and pours forth His ways into our Spirits.

Then I looked, and behold, a form that had the appearance of a man. Below what appeared to be his waist was fire, and above his waist was something like the appearance of brightness, like gleaming metal. Ezekiel 8:2 (ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Reflect Me