the polliwog

We are in the midst of an Indian summer, so I took advantage of our nice mid-November weather. In walking the dogs we went to the edge of a small pond. There were several of the smaller frogs jumping into the water as we approached. I was surprised by what I found. Looking into the water I also saw a few polliwogs swimming about. I’m not sure why I used that term, as growing up I called them tadpoles. I’m no naturalist, but I am aware that
polliwogs are found in the spring. I asked, Why am I seeing polliwogs, so out of season?

I heard this explanation:
Be like these polliwogs. Despite what may seem natural, they are growing. Like you, they are not yet what they will be when fully matured. They are active, in the water of my spirit. You too are in a time of transition.

Be ready for there are things which I will present for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water