trains...

In my life trains have been special. I grew up near a set of tracks are
would hear the trains each day as they passed through our small town.
I was often walking on the train tracks. It was there that I had my first
experiences with Holy Spirit.  Even our dogs have had a strong reaction
to seeing/hearing the trains as they would pass by us on walks.
 
I recently saw another train. It was not moving, but stopped on the racks.
As we turned onto another road I could see a rail-truck.  It was parked near
the train in close approximation to the locomotive.
 
At first glance we too often just see the stopped train. It captures our
attention.  It may be because of the shear size or the fact we often
associate them with speed, movement and power. It is not until we turn aside
and continue to look that we may see the other vehicle.
 
We may be a type of this other vehicles. It was created unique, being able
to travel not only on the track, but also on the roads. We too have a
purpose and are sent to help others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water