where do you sit?



The LORD says, 
“I have heard what those prophets who are prophesying lies in my name are saying.
They are saying, ‘I have had a dream! I have had a dream!’ 
Those prophets are just prophesying lies.
They are prophesying the delusions of their own minds.
How long will they go on plotting to make my people forget who I am through the dreams
they tell one another? 

That is just as bad as what their ancestors did when they forgot who I am 
by worshiping the god Baal.
Let the prophet who has had a dream go ahead and tell his dream.
Let the person who has received my message report that message faithfully.
What is like straw cannot compare to what is like grain! I, the LORD, affirm it!

My message is like a fire that purges dross! 
It is like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces!
I, the LORD, so affirm it! So I, the LORD, affirm 
that I am opposed to those prophets who steal messages
from one another that they claim are from me.

I, the LORD, AFFIRM that I am opposed to those prophets 
who are using their own tongues to declare,
‘The LORD declares….’ I, the LORD, affirm that I am opposed
to those prophets who dream up lies and report them.
They are misleading my people with their reckless lies.
I did not send them. I did not commission them.
They are not helping these people at all. I, the LORD, affirm it!”
Jeremiah 23:25-32 (NET)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Reflect Me