Now arise

The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; Isaiah 61:1 (NRSV)

You hear me. You know my voice. Now follow me. Come forth and eat at my table. You have passed into new life in me. No longer are the cords wrapped about your wrists, nor does the shroud of death envelop you. I have given you my name. You are mine.
Arise as my light. Crash the gates of hell which seek to trap others. Do not be ashamed. Hold the light high, so the walls of the enemy will fail. My word will deliver the oppressed. My words spoken through you will bring forth hope.

Now arise. Walk in a new confidence. I am with you. I will guide you. I am your provider. Uphold my words of truth and shatter the lies of the enemy.

When he had said this, he cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" The dead man came out, his hands and feet bound with strips of cloth, and his face wrapped in a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go." John 11:43-44 (NRSV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water