Names, part-1


When Abram was ninety-nine years old Yahweh appeared to Abram.
And he said to him, I am El-Shaddai;
walk before me and be blameless
so that I may make my covenant between me and you,
and may multiply you exceedingly.
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ (‭LEB‬‬)


And God said to Moses, “I am that I am."
And he said, So you must say to the Israelites,
I am sent me to you.
And God said again to Moses, So you must say to the Israelites,
Yahweh, the God of your ancestors,
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob,
has sent me to you.
This is my name forever,
and this is my remembrance from generation to generation.
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭3‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭(LEB‬‬)


You are not to use lightly the name of Adonai your God,
because Adonai will not leave unpunished
someone who uses his name lightly.
‭‭Sh'mot (Exo)‬ ‭20‬:‭7‬ ‭(CJB)‬‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water