On the tracks

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭(NLT)

It is the last day of June and there is as much backward thinking and accusing as there be forward thinking.  And that would be between believers as much as with those who do not know Jesus as savior.   We can often see where we’ve been, but are unsure as how we got there and are clueless as to where we are going. We walk self-correcting in our journey, but seen lost in recognizing the destination, other than tomorrow.

It can be as seeing the train on my working walk today.  It sat, silent on the tracks, yet one could only guess if it were a northbound or southbound train. It was quiet, there was no motion.

You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!  Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.
‭‭John‬ ‭5:39-40‬ (‭NLT)‬‬

Where are you this day? Are you stationary or in movement? Do you know your appointed destination?  Consider asking for direction, each day.

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you. 
Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭(NLT‬‬)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water