For those feeling dry and disconnected

I was recently driving in my car when I saw a large bird flying upward. I did not initially recognize it as it flew up and settled on the edge of a building. It was a turkey vulture. It sat there, looking about at the things below it. It was in search of a meal.

To my children who are dry and feel like an empty well. You ask why you are feelings so distant and disconnected. I hear your inward questions and crying. The drought is over. I am sending my soaking rain. I have not gone away nor withdrawn myself. Draw close. Eat and drink from my table.

These times of testing are so you might not rely upon the ways of the past. Your past ways will not sustain you for the future. Your roots need grow deep to strengthen the foundation of my growth. My ways are to grow you; to allow you to be strengthened in me.

There are things to come which others may be disheartened. They see the circumstances and grow fearful. But you will have my life within you. My ways will course through you. You will speak to those who have no hope, and give them me. You will raise they dead and bring healing to your neighborhoods.

Yes, there are vultures awaiting to pounce upon the dead, but you are to proclaim life. I've given you new eyes to see what I am doing. I am giving you night-dreams for direction and spiritual discernment to recognize the ways of the enemy when he distorts the truth for his ways.

My wells do not become dry. My rivers flow with constant refreshing for those who continue to come to me.

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs.
But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval."
John 6:26-27 (NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water