Names, part-8


Moshe said to God,
“Look, when I appear before the people of Isra’el and say to them,
‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you’;
and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’
what am I to tell them?”

God said to Moshe,
“Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh [I am/will be what I am/will be],” and added,
“Here is what to say to the people of Isra’el:
‘Ehyeh [I Am or I Will Be] has sent me to you.’””
‭‭Sh'mot (Exo)‬ ‭3‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭(CJB)‬‬




But Moses protested,
“If I go to the people of Israel and tell them,
‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’
they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’
Then what should I tell them?”

God replied to Moses,
“I Am Who I Am.
Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you.””
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭3‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭(NLT)‬‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water