Word for Matthew


Matthew, you are most certainly as your name implies, “a gift from Yahweh-God”.
Gifts are to be given and received. They are opened to see what is inside.
As with you, there is yet more to be seen.

You are a “sent one”. One who has received instruction to go out.
You reflect the face of Jesus in your actions. Your going forth will be
reaching more as you follow the directions you have received.

Jesus sent out these twelve, instructing them:
“Do not go among the Gentiles, and do not go into a city of the Samaritans;
but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach,
saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons.
Freely you have received, freely give. Do not take gold, or silver,
or [even] copper money in your money belt, or a provision bag
for your journey, or even two tunics, or sandals, or a staff;
for the worker deserves his support.”
Matthew 10:5-10 AMP


Jesus is asking you:
Are you listening to those I have sent to you?
Don’t be hesitant, but hear my heart in their words.

Speak forth my truth, and be wrapped in
the love for my creation. Exercise your heart
so it may grow and give new life.

Listen for me and you will find encouragement
for those broken and hurting. Watch for me
and I will truly show myself to you. Listen and
you will grow more and more in my likeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Out of the Water