Missing the obvious


Ever wonder if we overlook too much.  Sometimes in retrospect things seem very obvious. Note this story, talking about the birth announcement of Sampson. It is only one of three such stories where the angel of the LORD comes to announce a birth. 

“In those days a man named Manoah from the tribe of Dan lived in the town of Zorah. His wife was unable to become pregnant, and they had no children. The angel of the Lord appeared to Manoah’s wife and said, “Even though you have been unable to have children, you will soon become pregnant and give birth to a son.”
Judges 13:2-3 (NLT)

God answered Manoah’s prayer, and the angel of God appeared once again to his wife as 
she was sitting in the field. But her husband, Manoah, was not with her.Manoah ran back with his wife and asked, “Are you the man who spoke to my wife the other day?”
“Yes,” he replied, “I am.”

“I will stay,” the angel of the Lord replied, “but I will not eat anything. However, you may prepare a burnt offering as a sacrifice to the Lord.” (Manoah didn’t realize it was the angel of the Lord.)”  Judges 13:9, 11, 16 (NLT)

Father-God. I ask for your forgiveness. I know far too often I have missed you when you have something to speak to me. Help me to recognize you. May what you have spoken yet give birth through me. May your glory be openly displayed.  AMEN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secure With Me

Do not be discouraged

Reflect Me